Requirements For both Discussion Questions:
1.) Some of your thoughts in reference to your assigned readings, with
2.) Your personal observations and experiences, and pulling in
3.) Perspective from at least one outside source.
Must be, at minimum, 3 paragraphs of 5-7 well-developed sentences
APA citations are required only in the original response
Discussion Question 1:
In the course so far, we have spent a lot of time on the new Next Generation Science Standards. We will continue this emphasis as the course progresses. Review the standards, use the questions to develop an original post, and respond to the posts of two colleagues.
- Click to access the Next Generation Science Standards (Links to an external site.).
- How do the Next Generation Science Standards reflect new ways of thinking about science education?
- What differences do you notice about the organization of the Next Generation Science Standards as compared to your current state standards?
- How might these differences influence changes in instructional strategies and assessments currently in use?
Discussion Question 2:
Priorities and TQM
Total Quality Management (TQM) promotes awareness and a commitment by everyone, a clear mission, a systems planning approach, collaborative teamwork, empowerment of all stakeholders, a focus on mastery learning, and data-based decision making and analysis.
The purpose of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) is to improve the quality of teaching and learning, so greater numbers of students achieve academic success. The SIP provides a framework for using data to identify improvement areas and address curricular and instructional reform.
- How can you most effectively use Total Quality Management (TQM) principles to help you address school improvement priorities in your school; and within your school’s SIP, what area(s) are in most need of improvement and how can you best utilize the available data for school improvement?