you will consider how best to present research findings and recommendations to a specific set of stakeholders or constituents in one of the five components of the criminal justice system:
- Law enforcement
- Juvenile justice
- Homeland security
After you have selected one of the five components of the criminal justice system locate a research study using one of the following databases:
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- International Association for Identification
- Law Enforcement National Data Exchange
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- National Institute of Justice
Based on the assessment you made in Module 4, communicating research findings to specific audiences, prepare an 8â€“10 slide PowerPoint presentation as follows:
- Analyze the key facts in your research and examine the key issues that were researched.
- Prepare a summary of the research findings from the research study, interpret the results, and render a conclusion that should be presented to the stakeholders/constituents associated with the research.
- Support your recommendations with authoritative sources and cite all references in APA style.
- Include a cover slide and at least one slide at the end of your presentation to reference your sources, formatted in APA style, that link back to your in-text citations and support your recommendations. See your Argosy Handbook or APA materials to properly cite your text.
- Use the notes function to develop a comprehensive script that could be used to present your PowerPoint presentation to a live audience. In this script be sure to include a detailed commentary to support each slide.
This assignment is worth 300 points. Download this rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
|Summarize the research findings from the selected research study.
|Interpret the results of the selected research study.
|Identify the key facts and issues of the selected research study.
|Analyze the key facts and issues of the selected research study.
|Propose an appropriate set of recommendations for the selected stakeholder or constituent.
|Support recommendations with appropriate sources and effective arguments.
|Create an effective script for visual presentation of the data cited.