Making the Case for College/Career Readiness
There is a debate among the educational community about the importance of college readiness. One side of the debate contends that all students must be college-ready, while the other side indicates an overemphasis on four-year college degree completion (Symonds, Schwartz, & Ferguson, 2011). Specialized skills, training, or certifications are important for career readiness.
Create a presentation (PowerPoint or other media-based platform) for your local school board regarding the importance of college- and career-readiness.
- Include data summaries of at least five sources, which substantiate the importance of college readiness.
- Include their relationship to career readiness.
- Answer the central question in your presentation: Why is it important for more students to be college- and career-ready?
- Be sure to explain each data chart or graph you use and elaborate on any text slides in the presentation by adding your explanations in the notes section of your presentation. (Include a supplemental paper if your chosen presentation medium does not include speaker notes.)
- Include any protocols or handouts that you would give to board members.
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
Click here for information on course rubrics.
Symonds, W. C., Schwartz, R. B., & Ferguson, R. (2011). Pathways to prosperity: Meeting the challenge of preparing young Americans for the 21st century. Cambridge, MA: Pathways to Prosperity Project, Harvard Graduate School of Education. Retrieved from http://www.gse.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/doc…
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.