Discussion: The Role Of The RN/APRN In Policy EvaluationMay 12, 2022
Ethics AdvocateMay 12, 2022
Discussion: Therapy with Older Adults
Clients who are older have often times been dealing with their mental health disorder their entire lives, whiles other disorders may be brought on through the aging process or the trauma of losing a lifelong partner. Treatment can be challenging for both the client and the therapist. For this Discussion, you will focus on therapeutic approaches for an older adult presented in a case study.
- Assess clients presenting with depression
- Analyze therapeutic approaches for treating clients presenting with depression
- Evaluate outcomes for clients presenting with depression
- Download and review the Week 10: Case Study from this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
By Day 3
Post a treatment plan for the older adult client in the Week 10: Case Study found in this week’s Learning Resources. Be sure to address the following in your post:
- Which diagnosis should be considered?
- What is the DSM-V Coding for the diagnosis you are considering?
- What is your rationale for the diagnosis? Be sure and link the client’s signs and symptoms to the DSM-V diagnostic criteria to support your diagnosis.
- What tests or tools should be considered to help identify the correct diagnosis?
- What differential diagnosis should be considered?
- What Treatment Strategy would you recommend?
- What treatment would you prescribe and what is the rationale?
- Diagnostic Tests
- What standard guidelines would you use to treat or assess this patient?
- Clinical Note: Is depression a normal part of aging?
Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.