The courts have been in the news a lot over the past year. Whether it is the Muslim Ban, abortion rights, union dues, free speech or fraudulent universities, the courts have made their way to the headlines almost everyday of the news cycle.
Find a current event from the past two months from one of the following sources (New York Times, Washington Post, US News, Politico, Atlantic Monthly, Washington Monthly, Real Clear Politics, Fortune, Business Insider, Bloomberg, LA Times, Oregonian, New Republic, BBC, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Snopes, Associated Press, USA Today, ProPublica, The Economist) that relates to one or more of the following issues:
- judicial review;
- the development of the U.S. Constitution;
- the development of state constitutions;
- the founding fathers;
- the relationship between Congress and the courts;
- the courts’ power to interpret legislation.
Write up a 550-600 word blog post outlining the following
1) what is salient in the article that relates to the class (file attached, need to use at least one citation from the reading that I attached).
2) the ways in which the article you have chosen reflects the dynamics that the readings in class have discussed and
3) the ways in which the article provides a different or even conflicting account of the constitution or the courts than what we have learned so far in class.