USER INTERFACE 2
Please download a copy of Pencil from
You can use the software for your assignment.
Prepare a detailed design document for the user interface for your project. Your design document should be based on your Project Requirements and Scope document and your Project Design proposal.
Your design document should include the following sections, as a minimum:
- Design overview;
- Project scope;
- Business and User requirements;
- Key assumptions;
- Design process to be used;
- Interface Design, including the following sections with justification for use:
- All screen layouts;
- All components identified, with justification for their use;
- Workflow diagrams for major tasks (if required);
- Use of colour, frames and sections;
- Help and user assistance functions;
- Use of icons;
- User task navigation;
- Usability testing and evaluation, including the following sections with justification for use:
- Evaluation aims;
- Evaluation methodology;
- Test audience selection and ethical considerations;
- Evaluation experiments;
- Analysis methodology and procedures.
This is the final design for your project so all the sections in the document should be complete in all
This assignment covers the following objectives for this subject:
- be able to explain the relevance of integrating aspects of the human, social and organisational context
into the design process;
- be able to list and explain the importance of the principles of design that are applicable to the design of
- be able to evaluate the effective usability of an interface and recommend changes to improve its
- be able to design a user interface to meet a given set of requirements;
- be able to design a usability strategy to ensure that an interface meets its usability goals;
- be able to interpret and evaluate usability testing results to plan interface improvements.
Business & User Requirements
|Deduct marks for poor presentation, spelling and grammar||-5|
|Deduct marks for poor or no referencing to APA standard||-5|
|Project Scope||Clear and comprehensive statement of project scope||Clear and detailed statement of project scope||Clear and thorough statement of project scope||Adequate statement of project scope||Inadequate or incomplete statement of project scope|
|Business & User Requirements||Clear and comprehensive statement of project requirements||Clear and detailed statement of project requirements||Clear and thorough statement of project requirements||Adequate statement of project requirements||Inadequate or incomplete statement of project requirements|
|Key Assumptions||Comprehensive and well considered list of assumptions||Detailed and considered list of assumptions||Thorough list of assumptions||Adequate list of assumptions||Missing, incomplete or irrelevant list of assumptions|
|Design Process||Clear and comprehensive statement of design process||Clear and detailed statement of design process||Clear and thorough statement of design process||Adequate statement of design process||Poor or incomplete statement of design process|
|Interface Design||Comprehensive and clear UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with excellent justification for use||Detailed UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with clear justification for use||Good UI design and drawings, all components clearly identified with some justification for use||Adequate UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with justification for use||Poor or inadequate UI design and/or drawings, few components identified with little or no justification for use|
|Evaluation||Comprehensive and clear evaluation plan with comprehensive aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis||
Detailed evaluation plan with well detailed aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Thorough evaluation plan with good aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Adequate evaluation plan with adequate aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Inadequate or incomplete evaluation plan with inadequate aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Presentation, grammar and spelling
Marks will be deducted for poor presentation, spelling and grammar mistakes.
Note please follow the given report format in Subject Outline for this assessment
Marks will be deducted for not providing / following the proper APA style referencing.
Note that the guide for APA referencing is provided in the
Resource section of Interact site .