You will analyze yourself in relation to your ethical dispositions and beliefs. You will then explicate the three primary ethical concepts that you would try to instill in your own workforce were you to run a company or manage people.
There are two parts to this assignment. First, you will analyze yourself in relation to a number of questions about your personal ethical beliefs, values, and goals. This portion of the journal will be completed by answering the questions under â€œPersonal Profileâ€ below. In the second portion of the assignment, you will also explain the three fundamental principles you would use to guide a company that you owned or began, and then you will explain why you find those principles the most important for running a company.
Please answer all questions in detail. Because this journal is worth 5% of your final grade, there is a high expectation for your participation. Grades for the journals are based on content, critical engagement, quality of reflection, and detail. Please submit the completed journal via the Assignment Basket found in the Week Three Journal tab on the left navigation toolbar by Day 7.
Describe and conduct research on yourself (Sachteleben, n.d.). Reflect on the following questions and explain your answers to these attributes and questions in paragraph form.
1. Describe your personality (choose 3 power words)
2. Explain your primary ethical perspectives.
a. What are the ways that you try to live an ethically good life and why do you think that these ways are the best ways?
b. Feel free to include ethical theory and analysis that you have learned about in your study of the text and articles.
3. What are your primary values?
4. What specific activities reflect your primary values? (e.g., â€œsaving money to help the needyâ€ or â€œprotecting the environmentâ€)
5. What are your primary beliefs about life and the way that you interact in your place of business or work?
6. What causes do you participate or hope to participate in?
7. What are your pet peeves?
8. What are your goals, dreams, or plans for the future both professionally as well as personally?
9. Have you ever had any unusual experiences? (e.g., â€œWorked in the peace corps in the Sudan,â€ â€œWent to school in Germany,â€ â€œSurvived a severe storm,â€ â€œMet a famous person,â€ â€œHome-schooled my kids.â€)
10. Do you belong to any groups or have any affiliations that help to orient your life?
Sachteleben, M. (n.d.). How to write a profile: Online or off, write about your personal goals and skills. Retrieved from http://www.howtodothings.com/computers/how-to-write-a-personal-profile
Once you have completed your personal analysis, please reflect on the following and provide your thoughts in paragraph form.