You work for your local community health clinic.
In this role, you see a large number of people who have lived through, lived with, or have a family member who has experienced historical trauma. How will you inform the employees about working with this type of population? You will create a newsletter to distribute to the staff to inform them about the historical trauma model for two of the following populations:
- African Americans
- American Indians
- Japanese Americans
- Holocaust survivors
For this assignment:
- Select two of the populations listed above.
- Explain how the historical trauma model can be useful in public health.
- Detail the cultural vulnerabilities for each population in relation to the historical trauma model.
- Describe how public health personnel can understand more about their patients’ cultures so that they can be better prepared to help with patient needs.
- Use APA (6th ed.) format to cite your sources. Integrate your sources into the paragraphs and use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.
Would you like to see an example of what a newsletter looks like? Click here for an example newsletter.
Please note, this example’s content does not relate to this assignment. This is for visual help only.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.