OVERVIEW: Use the attached template to develop a formal marketing plan (15 pages).
RESOURCES: In the plan template.
The Vice President of Marketing at Allstar Brands has assigned you to the over-the-counter (OTC) cold medicine group for the company. Allstar Brands is one of five companies competing in the OTC cold medicine market. Using the PharmaSim simulation, you will make decisions regarding promotion, pricing, distribution, advertising, and product mix for Allstar Brand’s OTC cold medicine.
You will start out as a Brand Assistant and, if all goes well, will complete the simulation by making additional decisions at the level of Brand Manager at Allstar Brands. The decisions made regarding the OTC cold medicine market during the simulation will become the basis of a marketing plan.
Use the attached Marketing Plan Template to develop your situation analysis, marketing strategy, and marketing mix plan elements. Be sure to interpret each figure and table used in your plan and to summarize the data results. Include the following in your marketing plan:
- Business context.
- Situation analysis. Incorporate a rationale for changes in the situation as you progressed through the simulation.
- Marketing strategy. Incorporate a rationale for changes in the strategy as you progressed through the simulation.
- Marketing mix. Incorporate a rationale for changes in the mix as you progressed through the simulation.
- Social media and technology strategy. Recommend how social media and technology can be incorporated into your strategies. Include at least three specific recommendations that outline an implementation plan and expected results.
Marketing plan is 15 pages (in addition to the title, reference, and appendix pages).
- Use at least two different types of figures and two tables to present the data. At least one figure should present data at a single point-in-time, and at least one figure should present data over time. Be sure to correctly label all elements of your figures and tables in the plan and appendix.
- The marketing plan is a professional document and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines (located in MBA Program Resources), including single-spaced paragraphs.
- In addition, include the following in your marketing plan:
- Title page/slide.
- References page/slide. Use at least three scholarly resources, one of which must come from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, or MIT Sloan Management Review.
- APA-formatted references.
Related company standards: